Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Holidays


I am feeling a bit cantankerous this holiday season, so I was going to post Happy Xmas (War is Over) by John Lennon. I have always like it and thought it was appropriate this year since the last US troops have recently left Iraq. However, the imagery for the official John Lennon video, while beautiful and moving,was also a bit disturbing. I mean worth seeing and being reminded that as long as there are humans our families will be torn asunder by war; but perhaps not appropriate for Christmas Day. If, on the other hand, you are "up" for this sort of thing, the video is here.

Ultimately, I went for Andy Williams and a clip from his Christmas show. I don't really remember watching his specials, but I know one of the highlights was seeing his kids grow up as they appeared every year. I picked O Holy Night because it was one of my grandmother's favorites and she sang it beautifully. I tried to learn to play it on the piano and she tried very hard not to sing it with me or sing the correct notes when I hit the wrong ones. After several years, I finally told her to sing along because I could hear her in my head anyway.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...